Art has many expressions. Some art is used for entertainment, while others aims to inspire thought. In this episode we welcome Professor/Choreographer Elijah Gibson and Choreographer/Dancer Alexis Anderson into the studio to talk about the upcoming production The Black Card. We asked about the meanings behind each of the five acts, as well as discuss the importance of the music used and choreography. The Black Card will be premiering on February 9th and 10th at the Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston (MATCH Box) at 7:30pm.
Special Giveaway !!!
By participating in this week’s contest, you can win 2 free tickets to the Friday showing on February 9th!
Here is how you can win:
- Direct Message (on either platform) the episode link (https://totalmedulla.com/the-black-card-with-elijah-gibson/) to 5 people and show proof
- Share the episode link on your public profile
- Answer question: Which work in the production was Devonte’s favorite?
- Like the Total Medulla Facebook page
- Follow Total Medulla on Instagram
- Email all proofs and answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest ends Wednesday at 11pm. Winners will be announced on Thursday Feb 8th.
Should art be used to address social issues? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
To purchase tickets, visit The Black Card at MatchBox
Follow The Back Card on Instagram @CardtheBlack